Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Not that I'm keeping track...

A few days ago, I got out of bed and went to take my shower. No water. Odd. I checked the sink. Also no water. Went downstairs, no water there either.

In most places, I would now go to the basement and check the water main, make sure there weren't burst pipes, etc. Not in Pittsburgh.

In Pittsburgh, I open my living room curtains.

Sure enough, in front of my neighbors house, there is a hole large enough to fit my Prius. Across the street, there is a truck from the water authority.

Thankfully, the head guy promised that his workers would have it fixed by the afternoon. Exact words were: "It's Friday. I can guarantee this will be done by 4:30." He was right.

For the record, that is number 1 for this calendar year, number 4 for this school year.

No comments: