Monday, September 10, 2007

A word about the local food critic

As long as I've got food on my mind, a fair warning to anyone new to Pittsburgh.

The local food critic sucks. He goes by the name of "Munch", though Munch has been several people over the years.

Munch loves everything. His reviews aren't really reviews anyway, they just describe the restaurant in a very factual manner, and he nearly always says the place is good. In a few rare cases, he doesn't like the food, and I've had some great food at the places Munch doesn't like.

Munch loves LuLu's Noodles. I have yet to eat anything good there. Munch loves the food at Kiva Han. I like the drinks, but don't order your lunch there. It's weird just to be weird, and doesn't taste good.

Anyway, just a warning, don't believe Munch.

1 comment:

Mike Dinitz said...

I like Kiva Han's bleu cheese salad. Not a fan of their sandwiches, though. And you're definitely right about LuLu's -- it's terrible.